The state of Florida quite recently joined the list of US states where medical marijuana is legal. Even though the state was expected to be experimenting with medical marijuana regulations, it is quite encouraging to see the Florida Medical Marijuana Program up and running.
Today, letâs discuss what qualifying conditions you must meet to get a medical card in Florida.
A Qualified Patient Must Have The Given Criteria for Eligibility
- Must be older than 18. Minor patients can apply for a medical marijuana card if they are accompanied by registered medical marijuana caregivers.
- Must be a permanent or temporary resident of Florida and be able to provide proof of their residence (state ID, driverâs license, etc).
- Must be diagnosed with a qualifying medical marijuana condition and have a certified recommendation signed by a registered medical cannabis doctor working in Florida.
12 Qualifying conditions explicitly stated in Floridaâs medical marijuana law
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohnâs disease
- Parkinsonâs disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Any medical condition that can be classified in the same group as other listed conditions.
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the one recommending medical marijuana.
- Chronic non-malignant pain that occurs due to a qualifying medical condition and persists longer than its normal course when caused by that particular condition.
Applying for a Medical Card with a Qualifying Condition in FL
- The very first step when it comes to applying for a medical marijuana card in Florida is to do your own research. Become fully aware of the state laws and whether you qualify for a medical card or not.
- Once youâre sure that you do qualify, it is time for you to book an appointment with a certified medical marijuana doctor in Florida state.
- If everything goes right, youâll get a legitimate medical marijuana recommendation which will allow you to register yourself with the Florida Department of Healthâs medical marijuana registry.
- Complete your application and pay the $75 application fee for the medical card.
- Submit your application and wait for your approval.
Many patients are often looking for the cheapest way to get a medical card in Florida. While costs can vary, it is essential to ensure that you are working with certified professionals to obtain legitimate recommendations and avoid any legal complications.
How Can Kif Doctors Help?
The Kif has now become a major player when it comes to booking medical marijuana appointments across the US. We also have a presence in Florida and help patients to book cost-effective medical marijuana appointments via our telemedicine-powered platform.
Donât worry, all of our doctors are certified and authorized to prescribe medical marijuana for qualifying patients in their respective states.