With the growing acceptance of medical marijuana, many are left wondering about the easiest way to get their card. If you’re among them, our guide is tailored just for you. Here are the qualifying conditions youâll most probably be expecting.
Qualifying medical conditions to obtain medical card legally
Many states having an active medical marijuana program requires you to submit a medical marijuana prescription clearly stating that you have been diagnosed with one of the listed qualifying medical conditions.
Each state may have a slightly different list for these qualifying medical conditions, but generally, these conditions include,
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrigâs disease
- Chronic pain
- Crohnâs disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Severe nausea
- Parkinsonâs disease
- HIV and AIDS
Apart from being diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition, each state may have additional eligibility requirements set in place in order to register new patients. These qualifying requirements generally include,
- The patient must be a permanent resident of the state.
- The patient must have a valid medical marijuana recommendation signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
- If 18 years of age or younger, the patient must apply for a medical marijuana card with the help of a designated caregiver.
- The patient must pay the non-refundable application fee for the medical marijuana card.
The best possible approach?
Now, you might have heard from hundreds of third-party agents claiming that theyâll be able to get you a medical marijuana card in a day or even in a few hours. Donât fall for any of such scams.
The best possible approach and the easiest way to get a medical marijuana card is the proper state-defined channel.
Many states have now inaugurated online portals which practically makes it super convenient for a patient to register themselves, considering that they already have all the necessary documents.
Plus, many online service providers like The Kif have it super easy for patients to book their medical marijuana appointments completely online as per their preferred schedule.