Hair is potentially the fastest-growing tissue in the human body. The average hair growth rate per month is about 0.5 to 1.7 centimeters. However, hair growth is not linear and sometimes, you may start to lose hair very rapidly, such a condition is called hair loss.
Now, the big question is, can CBD oil or products help in hair growth and potentially stop hair fall? Letâs find that out today.
Does CBD actually help in preventing hair loss?
Many users who have actually used cannabis-infused hair products such as shampoos and tonics have reported positive outcomes. They also state that using such products helped them to achieve a more balanced scalp.
This hypothesis was further strengthened by a report published by the National Library of Medicine stating that CBD may eventually promote healthy hair growth. However, the report also mentioned that the growth is quite dependent upon the concentration of CBD. Using highly concentrated CBD products may lead to hair loss, thatâs why a balanced approach must be taken.
CBD and hair regrowth
CBD products are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. This means that using CBD products can treat any sort of inflammation in the scalp, making it more optimal for hair regrowth. CBD products also regulate the blood circulation in the area and impact the endocrine system affecting many physiological processes that can eventually aid in hair regrowth.
Researchers have also found that CBD products have some scalp-specific benefits as well. These products may help in reducing dryness, itchiness, and dandruff which can lead to better hair growth.
Why you should be using CBD for hair growth?
Here are some non-deniable benefits of using CBD for hair growth,
- CBD products are high in content like proteins, vitamins, minerals, etc. All of these nutrients are known to enhance hair growth and maintain a healthy scalp.
- Amino acids are one of the core building blocks of CBD products. These compounds also act as the structural units for proteins, which are known to help hair growth.
- Calcium, potassium, and Vitamin E found in most CBD oils are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. That means, using CBD oils from time to time can help reduce scalp inflammation and promote healthier hair growth.
- Hormonal imbalance is one of the most common reasons behind hair loss. CBD products can act as a balancing agent as these compounds are known to interact with the endocrine system.
Prominent ways to use CBD for hair growth
It is proven that CBD products can in fact help with hair growth. However, using these products directly or without any guidance can do more harm than good. Here are some ways through which you can use CBD products for effective hair growth,
- It is better to consult a healthcare professional before applying CBD oils to your scalp. Your doctor will know better regarding the compatibility of such products with your scalp.
Remember, donât start with a high concentration of CBD oil as your scalp wonât be used to it and this can eventually lead to more hair loss. Start with low CBD concentration and gradually increase the potency as your scalp starts getting adapted to it.
- Consistency is the key. Stick to a regular dosage pattern as that helps your scalps to better adapt to the CBD products youâre using for your hair.
- Remember, choosing quality products will definitely have way more positive impacts on your scalp rather than using products that focus on quantity more.
Can stress lead to hair loss? If Yes, Then How Can CBD Help?
Itâs one of the most commonly asked questions regarding hair fall. Can stress lead to hair loss? Yes, it can. Stress is a medical condition often accompanied by hormonal imbalance. As the scalp is quite vulnerable to hormonal changes in the body, stress can eventually become a stimulus for hair loss.
Best CBD products for hair growth!
The market today is practically loaded with all sorts of CBD products that can aid hair growth in the long run. However, here are some products that we believe are going to be suitable for the majority of our readers,
1. CBD Oils and Tinctures
Remember, CBD oils and tinctures are not meant to be directly applied on the scalp. You can mix a couple of drops in a beverage or place them under your tongue. The nourishments will eventually reach your scalp indirectly.
These include cannabis-infused products like shampoos, conditioners, waxes, etc. that can be directly applied on the scalp.
3. CBD capsules
If youâre looking for a way to consume a specific concentration of CBD, CBD capsules are the best way to achieve this goal.
4. CBD gummies
These gummies have the same impact as that of a CBD capsule, but the taste and flavor of these gummies are surely something else.
CBD oil and relevant products have now scientifically proven their benefit when it comes to promoting hair growth and diminishing hair loss. However, it is important to note that using these products in a specific concentration is important as not everyone has the same kind of scalp. Just keep the usage in line and youâll be witnessing the benefits sooner than you think.