Medical marijuana has revolutionized use in the medical field for treating different health-related issues. To one extent, there is detailed research on its use, which reveals that it is used to limit the impact of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
But how? It can be an exciting query to resolve.
The scientific basis of OCD and marijuana treatment is still not well established. Somehow, the symptoms of OCD can be reduced through the help of psychoactive compounds in marijuana, which significantly influence the neurotransmitters found in the brain.
The role of the THS is undeniable in reducing stress and anxiety.
To clear out the anecdotal evidence about the scientific belief in using marijuana for OCD, here is a quick analytical approach provided to you in the next section so that you can seek help for your personalized experience.
Let’s go into the details below
Cannabis Marijuana & OCD: Clinical Analysis
The clinical basis has been made over the topic of whether Cannabis is effective in treating OCD patients or not. The extract of the researchers reveals that signs of OCD can be reduced to about half by the intake of canvas through any source.
According to the Washington State University study, a smoking time of 4 hours reduced the impact of OCD and all its symptoms to half of the extent. Their anxiety lowered to around 52%, and unwanted thoughts will be restricted up to 49%, that is the significant proportion to measure by the experts.
This research is the primary source that compels professionals and medical enthusiasts to depict that marijuana Cannabis is quite helpful in lowering the impact of OCD in patients.
How Cannabis Works?
Cannabis comprises elements like THC and CBD. These elements have a calming and anxiety-reducing effect on the human body, which is a clear sign that it is quite beneficial to use in case of OCD.
The endocannabinoid system of the human body with Cannabis starts improvising regulatory impact on mood and human nature after using Cannabis and medical marijuana.
The person may feel stress and calmness for the time being. Still, it cannot be possible in every situation because every individual’s nature varies as per the response to Cannabis.
In addition, people must learn about the potential side effects of Cannabis, including addiction risk and cognitive impairment. To avoid all these uncertain effects, it is better to consult your doctor or physician to guide you about all the precautions and approaches before using Cannabis for OCD management.
What is OCD and its Symptoms?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a mental problem that contains two primary symptoms: one is an obsession, which can be with unwanted thoughts as well as intrusions, and the other one is compulsions.
It is widespread among people, and in the US, people are showing uncontrolled behavior patterns under the influence of OCD. These patterns can be obsessive cleaning needs, organizing things, or keeping a scheduled check on different things.
The most significant obsessions and compulsions in OCD which is noticed among people are;
- Superstitious beliefs
- Extent of freak accidents
- Concerns related to mortality
- Frequent sexual impulses
- Violence over others
- Too much cleaning of the environment
- Making it show that nothing is happening wrong around
- Repeating the same activities in routine
To find out the root reasons for obsessive-compulsive disorder, there is not any proper understanding, but some of the known causes of OCD include genetic problems, neurological issues, and environmental factors are also involved in it.
- Genetic factors – There is declared evidence that OCD is developed due to genetics. If a person in the family is suffering from OCD history, there is a 70% chance that this disorder will transfer to the next with highly relevant symptoms.
- Neurological structures – Specific abnormalities in the brain may be the problem that causes OCD in humans. The parts involved in fear regulation and decision-making are linked with OCD issues. To this, any change in neurotransmitters also stops regulating anxiety, which sometimes becomes OCD.
- Environmental factors – Certain events, along with highly susceptible stress activities, change the lives of humans and exert most of the symptoms of OCD in sensitive individuals. Apart from this, some childhood traumas may be the significant risk behind OCD.
- Biological factors – When the human body faces an imbalance between neurotransmitters (serotonin, glutamate, etc), a person will start developing the implications of OCD and its body. This, in balance, destroys communication between Nerve cells, leading to the prolonged OCD condition.
How Cannabis Treats OCD?
Complete OCD treatment cannot be possible with Cannabis in marijana. But there can be a potential advantage in the form of a reduction in the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
THC and CBD directly influence the neurotransmitters in the brain and help to regularize the mood by lowering the anxiety stress and keeping a calming impact throughout the regulatory time.
This regulatory period involves the activity of modulating serotonin receptors, which will promote relaxation in the human body.
Instead of taking medicine and Cannabis treatment, it is better to look for other preventive measures to reduce the overall influence of obsessive-compulsive disorder in the human body. Some of the most recommended and general actions to take are as follows;
- Suppose Cannabis marijuana is not managing the OCD symptoms. In that case, it is recommended to take specialized OCD and SSRI medicine, which will impact the serotonin level directly and minimize the severity of OCD.
- Try to socialize with a supportive network of friends so that they can provide you with emotional and moral support by encouraging you to be involved in social activity rather than inducing the feeling of isolation.
- Practice stress management exercises that involve learning yoga, meditation, regular physical activity, mindfulness exercises, etc
- Manage a healthy lifestyle that involves a balanced diet, proper sleep, and regular exercise.
- Not exposing yourself to excessive alcohol consumption and other recreational drugs may worsen the OCD situation to an uncontrolled level.
The OCD level and symptoms can be controlled through proper managerial techniques and short exercise practices. It is sometimes recommended to inhale Cannabis medical marijuana.
In this regard, we try our best to present some of the factual points to wonder about in the section above that improve your OCD situation.